Sunday, April 11, 2010

Things I'm Good At and Things I Like...

The boys love to help mommy these days, and mommy loves the help, so I have been trying to find new things for them to help me with all the time. It started one night when I was making salad and Reid thought tearing up the lettuce looked like fun! Perfect, because that's mommy's least favorite part! So by the time we were done tearing the lettuce and putting the salad together he was very proud of his accomplishment. Next it was iced tea...he would help me open the tea bags and put them in the iced tea maker, and then it progressed to many other areas. So the other night as we were making more tea (I'm addicted to tea!!) Reid decided to tell me all the things he's good at....it went something like this.
Reid: "Mama I'm good at salad, tea, blueberry muffins, cupcakes, cheese, and ants on a log"
Sunday morning we added one more to his repertoire...scrambled eggs...which he proceeded to explain every step we took as we sat down to enjoy our breakfast...I love teaching them new things...not sure who is having more fun with this stage!
On the Grant front...as Reid was telling me all the things he liked the other day, which of course were baskteball, baseball....etc. I decided to ask Grant what he liked. Reid is sometimes more vocal than Grant, so I wanted to see if I could get something out of Grant this time....It went like this...
Me: "Grant, bubba likes basketball and baseball, do you like basketball or baseball?"
Grant: "No"
Me: "What things do you like Grant?"
Grant" "Racecars"
Me: "Is there anything else you like?"
Grant: "Racecars"
So that's about it....a boy of few words, and 1 passion....racecars :)

1 comment:

  1. SOO sweet!! I'm glad you have your 2 big-boy helpers to give you a hand!

    ReplyDelete